Derby College Ilkeston Campus
Bowmer + Kirkland
About The Project:
Built on the site of the former Magistrates Court in the town centre, Derby Colleges’ new Ilkeston Campus will provide a range of courses and programmes providing young people with the skills that employers desire as well as supporting adults who wish to return to Education.
The new purpose built campus will accommodate around 800 students and 200 staff and includes a flexible social and learning resource centre space, a training hair and beauty salon and a new engineering and construction workshop facility.
Derry Building Services worked in partnership with Bowmer and Kirkland on this £10 million project providing the following services to this state of the art facility.
Photos © B+K
- Incoming services
- Gas services
- Heating system plant
- Cold water services
- Ventilation systems
- Comfort cooling
- Provision of Building Management System (BMS)
- Testing and commissioning of the complete mechanical services installation
- Incoming supply - HV / LV transformer
- Mains distribution
- Lighting and emergency lighting
- Fire alarm
- Security systems
- Structured cabling
- Testing and commissioning of the complete electrical services installation